All University of Evansville faculty, part-time and full-time, are eligible to join the UE chapter of the AAUP.
All you need to do to join is to become a member of the AAUP. You can do so at https://www.aaup.org/membership/join.
AAUP membership dues are based on annual academic income and can be paid monthly or annually. The UE AAUP chapter does not charge additional chapter dues.
Benefits of AAUP membership include:
- Access to the expertise of AAUP staff, members, and leaders at the state and national level
- Webinars on such topics as strengthening faculty handbooks, good-faith bargaining, and working with the media
- Toolkits for chapter action that include guidelines, sample documents, and other resources for advancing the faculty voice on campus
- Guidebooks providing in-depth advice about the Family and Medical Leave Act, pregnancy in the academy, and faculty handbooks as enforceable contracts
- A subscription to Academe, the quarterly magazine of the AAUP, which analyzes higher education issues from faculty members’ perspectives
- Discounts on a range of publications, including the Chronicle of Higher Education
You can find more information on membership benefits at https://www.aaup.org/membership/benefits.